Some Favorite Links
- Three Sheets NW -- Local Maritime News
- Classic Yacht Association -- Classic motoryachts.
- Live AIS Display Another AIS Display
- Metal Boat Society
- Youth Maritime Training Association -- Opening the doors to the maritime world.
Some Client Sites
- M.V. Olympus -- 92' Fantail Motoryacht (Captain Rick Etsell)
- Five Star Whale Blog -- Victoria BC Canada (Armstrong Marine design by Rick Etsell)
- Kayak Transport Co. -- MV Abyssinia (designed by Rick Etsell)
- Steamer Virginia V -- Last of the Puget Sound passenger steamers. (Refit Engineering by Rick Etsell)
Small Passenger Vessel Regulations:
- Marine Safety Center -- Center for plan reviews & info. Wash. DC
- Sector Puget Sound (MSO) -- Covers 13th District
- Vessel Search -- USCG Port State Control
- Vessel Search -- NOAA database (gives owner names & addresses too.)
- USCG Forms
- 46 CFR Online
- NVIC's Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circulars.
- Vessel Documentation
- Passenger Vessel Safety Program (USCG)
- National Maritime Center (USCG) Mariner Licensing/Credentials
Books & References:
- Classic Yacht Books -- My Amazon recommendations for books about classic yachts.
- Guidance on Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance of Wooden Hulls -- USCG NVIC 7-95. An excellent booklet available for free download from the US Coast Guard.
- Navigation Rules (Colregs)
- Free NOAA Booklet Charts
- Websites by PMBD
- My info page About chartering Classic Yachts
- My info page About Obtaining a Masters License
- My info page about Certifying Small Passenger Vessels
- Why is Net Tonnage carved into my boat?
- Alliance for Safe Navigation -- Keep your charts up to date.
- ORBA -- Lake Union Dreamboat that was in our family for many years. (Article in Classic Yacht e-magazine.)