Pacific Motor Boat Design - Classic Motor Yacht design, restoration, maintenance, and operations.
Rick Etsell is a retired naval architect and professional engineer, based in Anacortes, Washington, near the San Juan Islands. His career has spanned over 35 years, encompassing:
- shipyard production engineering
- naval architecture design
- independent design office (PMBD) for 25 years
- New designs, small passenger vessels and workboats, yachts, fishing vessels, etc.
- Engineering support, stability studies, USCG and classification society submittals, etc.
- vintage and historical vessel restorations and refits.
- motor yacht operations as a Master Mariner. 200 GT captain's license.
Now retired from naval architecture practice, Rick works primarily as a yacht operations and maintenance manager for select clients.