Rick Etsell is a semi-retired naval architect and professional engineer, based in Anacortes, Washington, near the San Juan Islands. His career has spanned over 35 years, encompassing:
- shipyard production engineering
- naval architecture design
- independent design office (PMBD) for 25 years
- New designs, small passenger vessels and workboats, yachts, fishing vessels, etc.
- Engineering support, stability studies, USCG and classification society submittals, etc.
- vintage and historical vessel restorations and refits.
- motor yacht operations as a Master Mariner. 200 GT captain's license
Now semi-retired from naval architecture practice, Rick is primarily engaged as captain for a 100-foot privately owned family motor yacht based in Seattle.